Hello and Welcome

Hello and welcome to Thrifty Nana; a place to share knowledge, tips and ramblings on helping your pennies go further :-)

Monday 9 January 2012

Cleaning... and DIY

Hiya!

So, as the title may suggest I spent most of the weekend cleaning, clearing and generally getting those niggling jobs done around the house. I like to comfort myself with the fact that although I spent quite a bit of time doing said things, I saved a bit of cash doing them myself rather than getting a handy man in!

My most proud achievement was fitting a new blind in my kitchen. I know it may sound odd for a girl in her 20's (ok, in her late 20's... when did that happen?!), but a few of years ago I asked for tools as a birthday present. They've been invaluable and helped me do so much on my own for a fraction of the cost of getting a handyman in. A decent set of screwdrivers costs about £30 whereas a handyman would charge that for about 20mins work! I know that not everyone is cut out for the DIY game but you don't know unless you give it a try! B&Q do a handy set of online guides for those of you who are tempted; just click here!


Do you have a tip you'd like to share? 
Feel free to post it in the comments section below! The best ones will be featured on the main blog page for everyone to see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment